“Pop, snap, CRACK!” Our friends in England may celebrate Christmas festivities with a “Christmas cracker.” Christmas crackers are small gifts, usually set out on the table with a place setting, that are given to guests at a holiday gathering. Inside the “crackers” are small gifts, a joke or two and sometimes…SWEETS (which elves love)!
English Christmas Crackers
- Wrapping paper
- Toilet paper or paper towel rolls
- Pipe cleaners or string
- Your favorite treat
- First, your Scout Elf pal will gather a few cardboard toilet paper or paper towel rolls.
- Second, they will find some leftover wrapping paper and wrap each piece once around the cardboard rolls with tape to hold it in place.
- Third, they will drop kids’ favorite sweets down inside the cardboard roll!
- Finally, they will tie up each end of the wrapping paper, right next to the cardboard roll, with pipe cleaners or string and wait for kids to crack open these surprise-filled treats!