Scout Elf Oasis
- Piece of fabric (18 inches long, 5.5 inches wide)
- Hot glue gun
- Chopstick, skewer or dowel
- Yarn (44 inches)
- All that flying back and forth to the North Pole can tucker out even the most agile Scout Elf! This half-pint hammock is the perfect space for an elf to recover from those long nightly journeys. Using scissors, your elf will cut a piece of fabric into a rectangle that’s about 5.5 inches wide and 18 inches long—the perfect length for lounging!
- Next, your elf will create two pieces of wood—from a chopstick, skewer or dowel—that are the same width as the fabric, about 5.5 inches, and place them to the side.
- Using scissors, your Scout Elf will cut two pieces of yarn that are each about 22 inches long.
- Laying the fabric patterned side down, your elf will place one piece of yarn and one piece of wood at each end of the “hammock,” about half an inch from the ends of the fabric. The yarn should be centered.
- Your elf will then fold the ends of the fabric over the piece of wood and yarn and secure in place using a hot glue gun.
- Once the glue dries, your elf is ready to hang the hammock between the two finest houseplants he or she can find!