Turning my camera on! Can everyone see me? Your Scout Elf will join a virtual meeting and (hopefully) remember that their camera is on so they don’t do anything too silly!
Festive Friends & Fun Games
- Painter’s tape
- Red marker
- Green marker
- Small party hats
- Toys or stuffed animals
- Leave it up to your Scout Elf to create a game night everyone wants to be a part of! To get all their friends together, your elf created a tic-tac-toe board by crisscrossing four pieces of painter’s tape.
- To make the game more festive, your elf used red and green markers to mark marshmallows with X’s and O’s.
- Finally, your elf invited all their friends—including the Elf Pets® Saint Bernard and Elf Pets® Reindeer—to host a night of festive fun!
Scout Elf Tip of the Day
Come Find Me!
- Stuffed animals
- Your Scout Elf has chosen a particularly good hiding spot today. Look closely. Can you pick out your red-and-white outfitted visitor from a pile of furry stuffed animals and toys?
Prepare for Landing
- Paper plane printable
- Christmas tree
- To stage an awesome airplane entrance, your Scout Elf will start by creating an aircraft using the instructions on the paper plane printable.
- After crafting their plane, your elf will sail straight into the Christmas tree and wait to be found!
Elf Marks the Spot
- Bookmarks printable
- Color printer
- Hole puncher
- Candy Cane Cable from Scout Elves at Play®
- When the Scout Elves decide to crack a book, they’ll have no problem finding where they left off thanks to their festive bookmark, featuring a picture of themselves! To create this scholarly surprise your Scout Elf will print and cut out the bookmarks.
- Then your Scout Elf will punch a hole in the top of each bookmark.
- To finish the bookmark, your elf will tie a piece of Candy Cane Cable through the hole of each bookmark and use them to mark the right page!
- Painter’s tape
- Orange foam
- Elf Pets® Reindeer
- Just for their polar pal the Elf Pets® Reindeer, your Scout Elf devised a fun snack time challenge! To send their furry friend on a hunt to find their snack, your elf will create a merry maze on the floor using painter’s tape.
- Next, your elf will gather a special treat for your reindeer: orange foam cut to look like carrots!
- Finally, your elf will sit at the end of the maze and wait for their furry friend to gallop to them to claim their reward!
Jolly Gingerbread House
- 1 pack of multi-colored construction paper
- Holiday stickers
- Your Scout Elf will leave you a jolly gingerbread surprise, but instead of actual sweets, gumdrops and icing, they wanted to show off their creativity! To craft their own gingerbread house, your elf will start by taping four square pieces of construction paper to the wall to make the house.
- To create the angled roof, your elf will take one additional piece of brown construction paper, cut it in half diagonally and place the pieces side by side atop the house.
- With a darker brown piece of construction paper, your elf will cut out windows and a doorway and attach them to the house with glue.
- Your elf will use white construction paper to cut out a scallop-edged for the roof, doorway and windows, and use glue to attach them to the house.
- To create window panes, your elf will attach two thin white strips of construction paper to the windows with glue.
- To decorate the house, your elf will cut out circles in various colors of construction paper to look like gumdrops and attach them to the doorway.
- Your elf will also use holiday stickers that look like peppermints and candy canes to adorn the sugary abode.
- Finally, your elf will leave a note and the remaining craft supplies and ask you to help make their gingerbread house a home by adding all the final decorative touches!
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup honey
- 8 oz. apple sauce
- 1 ½ bananas, mashed
- 8 oz. light cream cheese
- 2 tbsp. peanut butter
- 1 tbsp. honey
- Large bowl
- Muffin tin
- Cupcake liners
- Elf Pets® Saint Bernard
- The more, the merrier—especially when it comes to sharing sweets! Your elf decided to help you and your favorite pups indulge in a yummy treat by mixing the first 8 ingredients for “pupcakes,” which any man, elf or Elf Pets® Saint Bernard can enjoy!
- Then, your elf will place cupcake papers in a muffin tin and preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Your elf will start the recipe by mixing the first 8 ingredients for the pupcakes together in a bowl.
- After the ingredients are thoroughly combined, your elf will put the batter into the cupcake liners, leaving a ½ inch of space at the top (Helpful hint: the batter will not rise much).
- After baking about 12 minutes (or until a toothpick inserted into the pupcake comes out clean), your elf will let them cool.
- As they do, your elf will create the frosting by beating the softened cream cheese until fluffy, and then mixing in the peanut butter and honey.
- After icing each pupcake, your elf will invite everyone to dig in!
- Note: In general, all ingredients are pet friendly; however, Scout Elves should use their best judgment when creating this recipe to ensure their family’s pet is able to safely consume all ingredients.
- Color printer
- Scout Elf Express printable
- Card stock
- Scout Elf Express Delivers Letters to Santa® kit
- To prove that they’re able to deliver your letters to Santa at warp speed, your Scout Elf will create a printable wheel showing you just how quick they can be! First, your elf will print and cut out the Scout Elf Express Wheel.
- Using a brad, your elf will attach the arrow to the middle of the wheel, making sure it is loose enough to be turned.
- On a piece of paper, your elf will leave a note asking you to write your own letter to Santa using the Scout Elf Express Delivers Letters to Santa® kit and leave it out for them to deliver to Santa.
- Finally, your elf will wait to see where you place the arrow on the Scout Elf Express wheel so they know how quickly you’d like for them to fly your letter to Santa!
Christmas Code Cracker
- Color printer
- Message decoder printable
- Dry-erase marker
- Your Scout Elf wants to know if you’re able to crack a super-secret code to find out the message that they’ve left you! To uncover the hidden words, your elf will print and cut out the elf decoder and symbols.
- Next, your elf will create a funny message, joke or question on the mirror in elf code by cutting out and assembling the symbols so they spell out the correct words! (Helpful hint: your elf may write a question on the mirror with dry-erase marker and provide a coded answer instead! Example messages are provided on page three of the printable.)
- Once your elf is done, they’ll stand by their work to wait until you’ve cracked the code!
Crafty Christmas “Lights”
- Small balloons
- Green plastic or paper cups
- Ribbon or string
- Tape or glue dots
- To light up your home, your Scout Elf will create a set of colorful faux string lights! To start, your elf will blow up small balloons in a variety of colors.
- Next, your elf will use tape to attach green cups to the end of each balloon as shown.
- Using more tape, your Scout Elf will attach the bottom of each cup to a piece of string or ribbon.
- Once they think the string of "lights" is long enough, your elf will attach it to the mantel using tape, and wait for you to be enlightened by their creation!