With this sparkling purple tulle elf tutu, your Scout Elf will be feeling fancy. She is a festive fashionista!
Holiday Hair Salon
Your Scout Elf is ready to get all dolled up! They’ll easily set up a holiday hair salon in your home, so they can try out the North Poles’ latest hairstyle.
- Insta-Moment Pop-Ups™ Scout Elf Salon
- Your Scout Elf will set up the Scout Elf Salon pop-up scene.
- Then, they will hop in the salon chair and get ready to spin around to see their new hairdo!
- Pipe cleaners
- Just because Scout Elves have to bundle up for the chilly climate at the North Pole doesn’t mean they have to sacrifice style! With some festive-colored pom-poms and pipe cleaners, your Scout Elf will create a set of “ear-resistible” earmuffs by cutting off a piece of pipe cleaner that is about 5 inches long.
- Next, your elf will put a small dot of glue on each end of the pipe cleaner and attach a mini pom-pom onto each side.
- After applying pressure to ensure that the pom-poms adhere to the pipe cleaner, your elf will bend the pipe cleaner into a semi-circle and position the pom-poms over his or her ears to show off these toasty new arctic accessories!
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup honey
- 8 oz. apple sauce
- 1 ½ bananas, mashed
- 8 oz. light cream cheese
- 2 tbsp. peanut butter
- 1 tbsp. honey
- Large bowl
- Muffin tin
- Cupcake liners
- Elf Pets® Saint Bernard
- The more, the merrier—especially when it comes to sharing sweets! Your elf decided to help you and your favorite pups indulge in a yummy treat by mixing the first 8 ingredients for “pupcakes,” which any man, elf or Elf Pets® Saint Bernard can enjoy!
- Then, your elf will place cupcake papers in a muffin tin and preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Your elf will start the recipe by mixing the first 8 ingredients for the pupcakes together in a bowl.
- After the ingredients are thoroughly combined, your elf will put the batter into the cupcake liners, leaving a ½ inch of space at the top (Helpful hint: the batter will not rise much).
- After baking about 12 minutes (or until a toothpick inserted into the pupcake comes out clean), your elf will let them cool.
- As they do, your elf will create the frosting by beating the softened cream cheese until fluffy, and then mixing in the peanut butter and honey.
- After icing each pupcake, your elf will invite everyone to dig in!
- Note: In general, all ingredients are pet friendly; however, Scout Elves should use their best judgment when creating this recipe to ensure their family’s pet is able to safely consume all ingredients.
Funny Festive Fashions
- Foam Core
- Red, white, green, gold/yellow and purple paper
- 3 elastic strips
- Staple gun
- To make you chuckle, your Scout Elf decided to dress-up in the Ha Ha Holiday Costumes, and they want you to dress up too! To create a costume that’s just like theirs, your elf will start by cutting a piece of foam core in the shape of a candy cane or a Christmas tree.
- For the candy cane costume, your elf will use glue to attach strips of white and red paper to the candy cane–shaped foam core.
- Next, your elf will cut a piece of foam core shaped like a bow and cover it in green paper. (Helpful hint: scrunching the paper in the middle makes the bow look even more realistic!)
- On the back of the candy cane costume, your elf will staple two elastic strips (near the wearer’s shoulders and lower back) to help you keep the costume on!
- For the Christmas tree costumes, your elf will use a hot glue gun to cover the tree-shaped foam core in green paper.
- On top of the green paper, your elf will attach gold or yellow paper to look like garland, and round pieces of red and purple paper as ornaments. Your elf will also use the gold or yellow paper as a star for the top of the tree costume.
- On the back of the Christmas tree costume, your elf will staple one elastic strip (near the middle of the wearer’s back) to help keep the costume on!
- Finally, your elf will wait for you to don their festive creation!
Scout Elf Tip of the Day
Switch It Up
- Brown felt
- Red felt
- White felt
- A piece of paper
- Fabric glue
- Safety pins
- Elf Pets® Reindeer
- Scout Elves , together with their Elf Pets® Reindeer, love to mix things up at the North Pole! Leave out the materials above and your elf will:
- Use the white paper and marker to trace the shape of your Elf Pets® Reindeer’s antlers.
- Cut out the shape to create an antler pattern.
- Place the pattern on top of the brown felt and cut out two antlers.
- Use scissors to cut a piece of white felt that is 6 ½ inches long and ¾ of an inch tall.
- Glue the ends of the white felt together in a circle so that it fits around their head.
- Use glue to attach the felt antlers to the headband. Set aside to dry.
- Lay a piece of red felt flat and cut out a piece that is 6 inches by 3 ½ inches.
- Take the left side of the red felt and fold it in half along the longer, 6-inch side. Now, the felt should be open on the right side, and folded on the left side. Keep the fabric folded in half.
- Start at the lower left-hand side of the fabric and cut along the bottom edge in a slightly curved line to the other side of the fabric, keeping as much material intact as possible. This will round out the whole bottom edge of the fabric.
- Cut a straight diagonal line from the upper left hand corner to the lower right hand corner.
- Unfold the felt to reveal a triangular shape with a slightly rounded bottom.
- Starting at the top of the hat, use fabric glue to glue the felt together into a cone-shaped hat. Set aside to dry.
- Use scissors to cut a piece of white felt that is 6 ½ inches long and ¾ of an inch tall. Wrap the white felt around the bottom of the red hat to create the hat’s white trim. Glue into place.
- Once both pieces are complete, your elf will put on their new antler headband and put the felt elf hat over the reindeer’s antlers so they can each rock some fun new headgear!