Submitted by: Christina
“Don’t mind me…just doing a little gardening.”
- MagiFreez® Rainbow Snow Pixie
- Your favorite garden décor: moss, mushrooms, flowers, etc.
- Your Scout Elf will dress up as a fairy (maybe with the help of MagiFreez® Rainbow Snow Pixie outfit).
- Next, they will stage a garden scene and wait for you to find them among the mushrooms, flowers, elf-sized trees, and moss.
Indoor Christmas Camping
Your Scout Elf is ready to snuggle up in their Doodles and Dreams Sleeping Bag and camp out for the night by the Christmas tree!
- Claus Couture Collection® Doodles and Dreams Sleeping Bag
- Card stock/paper
- Your elf will print and cut out the printable.
- They will use crayons/markers to color and decorate the printable tent, fire and other camping props.
- They will fold the printable tent.
- They will get cozy in their Doodles and Dreams Sleeping Bag.
- They will enjoy a night of camping “under the Christmas lights.”
Elf on the… Stable?
Submitted by: Creeks Edge Farms via Facebook
Scout Elf Day Trip
Lucky you! Santa has given permission for you to carry your Scout Elf around for the day, thanks to this special day trip pass.
- Color printer
- Card stock/paper
- Large, clear jar
- First, your elf will print and cut out the printable.
- They will leave the special day trip pass note next to a large, clear jar they will be seated in.
- For the day, you will be able to carry your Scout Elf with you wherever you go. How cool!
Runway to Christmas
- String lights
- Ground stakes
- Scout Elves love to make an entrance! Leave out a string of lights and ground stakes, and your elf will set up a brightly lit runway reminiscent of all the twinkling lights at the North Pole. Your Scout Elf will probably use ground stakes to outline a pathway, setting them about two feet apart.
- Then, your elf will take strands of lights and run them along the length of the pathway, securing them in place by attaching them to the ground stakes.
- Now, clear the runway, your elf is coming in for a landing!
Scout Elf Clubhouse
- Wooden craft sticks
- Hot glue gun
- Decorations (lights, signs, fake trees, etc.)
- Your elf will hoist this tiny hideout into a bush or tree and hunker down to watch the day’s activities! You can help your elf out by picking a shoebox that they can use as the base of his or her tree house. The box will be set up on one of its long sides and the shoebox top will be used to create a roof that hangs down slightly over the top of shoebox hole.
- After your elf glues the roof onto the house, he or she will use wooden craft sticks to cover the box and create a railing in the front of the house for safety.
- Next, it’s time to decorate! Miniature lights, a sign or elf-sized blankets or pillows help your elf feel right at home.
- Small dinner rolls
- Ground beef
- American cheese
- Cocktail wieners
- French fries
- Dish towel
- It looks like your Scout Elf has worked up a little appetite from flying to the North Pole! To satisfy the hunger, your Scout Elf will create a mini picnic atop a dish towel by:
- Shaping the ground beef into mini burger sliders that will fit on small dinner rolls.
- Cooking the burgers (because they’re smaller, they’ll need less time than a normal-sized burger on the grill or in the skillet).
- Dressing the burgers with ketchup and small squares of cheese.
- Cooking cocktail wieners and folding them into the top halves of the dinner rolls.
- Dressing the mini hot dogs with a squiggle of mustard.
- Cooking a small order of french fries to go with the main dish.
- Digging into this meal fit for an elf!
Fast Track to Fun
- Scout Elves at Play® Paper Crafts: Scout Elf Sleigh, Snowy Signpost, Tinseltown Train
- Painter’s tape
- Now that the season has arrived, your Scout Elf couldn’t wait to race into your home by creating their very own Scout Elf speedway! To create the perfect ride for their adventure, your elf will start by popping out the Scout Elf Sleigh, Snowy Signpost and Tinseltown Train crafts from the book Scout Elves at Play® Paper Crafts.
- Your elf will follow the instructions in the book to finish these crafts.
- Once complete, your elf will line their speedway with peppermints and washi or painter’s tape, and set up the Scout Elf Signpost near the finish line.
- Then your elf will climb aboard their favorite vehicle and get on the fast track to Christmas fun!
- Pipe cleaners
- Just because Scout Elves have to bundle up for the chilly climate at the North Pole doesn’t mean they have to sacrifice style! With some festive-colored pom-poms and pipe cleaners, your Scout Elf will create a set of “ear-resistible” earmuffs by cutting off a piece of pipe cleaner that is about 5 inches long.
- Next, your elf will put a small dot of glue on each end of the pipe cleaner and attach a mini pom-pom onto each side.
- After applying pressure to ensure that the pom-poms adhere to the pipe cleaner, your elf will bend the pipe cleaner into a semi-circle and position the pom-poms over his or her ears to show off these toasty new arctic accessories!
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup honey
- 8 oz. apple sauce
- 1 ½ bananas, mashed
- 8 oz. light cream cheese
- 2 tbsp. peanut butter
- 1 tbsp. honey
- Large bowl
- Muffin tin
- Cupcake liners
- Elf Pets® Saint Bernard
- The more, the merrier—especially when it comes to sharing sweets! Your elf decided to help you and your favorite pups indulge in a yummy treat by mixing the first 8 ingredients for “pupcakes,” which any man, elf or Elf Pets® Saint Bernard can enjoy!
- Then, your elf will place cupcake papers in a muffin tin and preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Your elf will start the recipe by mixing the first 8 ingredients for the pupcakes together in a bowl.
- After the ingredients are thoroughly combined, your elf will put the batter into the cupcake liners, leaving a ½ inch of space at the top (Helpful hint: the batter will not rise much).
- After baking about 12 minutes (or until a toothpick inserted into the pupcake comes out clean), your elf will let them cool.
- As they do, your elf will create the frosting by beating the softened cream cheese until fluffy, and then mixing in the peanut butter and honey.
- After icing each pupcake, your elf will invite everyone to dig in!
- Note: In general, all ingredients are pet friendly; however, Scout Elves should use their best judgment when creating this recipe to ensure their family’s pet is able to safely consume all ingredients.
Scout Elf Oasis
- Piece of fabric (18 inches long, 5.5 inches wide)
- Hot glue gun
- Chopstick, skewer or dowel
- Yarn (44 inches)
- All that flying back and forth to the North Pole can tucker out even the most agile Scout Elf! This half-pint hammock is the perfect space for an elf to recover from those long nightly journeys. Using scissors, your elf will cut a piece of fabric into a rectangle that’s about 5.5 inches wide and 18 inches long—the perfect length for lounging!
- Next, your elf will create two pieces of wood—from a chopstick, skewer or dowel—that are the same width as the fabric, about 5.5 inches, and place them to the side.
- Using scissors, your Scout Elf will cut two pieces of yarn that are each about 22 inches long.
- Laying the fabric patterned side down, your elf will place one piece of yarn and one piece of wood at each end of the “hammock,” about half an inch from the ends of the fabric. The yarn should be centered.
- Your elf will then fold the ends of the fabric over the piece of wood and yarn and secure in place using a hot glue gun.
- Once the glue dries, your elf is ready to hang the hammock between the two finest houseplants he or she can find!