Submitted by: Heather
Snowman Fruit Salad
- Three watermelons
- Melon baller
- Small top hat
- Your Scout Elf will remove a thin slice from the side of each watermelon so it lays flat on the serving surface.
- Your elf will then carefully carve into the face-up side of two of the watermelons so they may scoop out the fruit with the melon baller.
- Once the melons are scooped down to the rind, your elf will pat dry the insides of the melon bowls before returning the melon balls and some blueberries to them.
- Your elf will use a few berries, halved, to form the snowman’s face atop the third watermelon.
- Finally, your Scout Elf will decorate the snowman with a scarf, top hat, and twigs!
Dog Days of Summer Treat
It’s never a “ruff” life with these sweet treats! These all natural pupsicles are sweet enough for your pet AND for you to enjoy as well!
- Paw print freezer mold
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 cups seedless watermelon pieces
- ¾ cup plain Greek yogurt (NO artificial sweetener)
- To begin, your Scout Elf will place all the ingredients into a blender and blend until everything is smooth and thoroughly combined.
- Next, they will pour the mixture into silicone molds of paw prints that look just like the Elf Pets Saint Bernard and freeze for at least 3 hours. They could even pour this mixture into regular popsicle molds for kids as well!
- Finally, your elf will transfer these frozen treats over to a zipper bag for storage so they can serve them up all summer long to your favorite pup!
Elf on the… Stable?
Submitted by: Creeks Edge Farms via Facebook
Submitted by Kat via Instagram
Submitted by Erica 7WildHearts via Instagram
All Wrapped Up
Your Scout Elf is wrapped up in their newest idea! With some festive Christmas wrapping paper and a gift bow, your elf will turn themselves into a perfectly wrapped present.
- Wrapping paper
- Gift bow
- Your Scout Elf will wrap themself up with wrapping paper.
- They will add a gift bow to their hat for a finishing touch!
Have you ever played a game of tic-tac-toe Christmas style? With this holiday-inspired set up by your Scout Elf, now you can! Who will win?
- Washi tape
- Two different colored gift bows
- First, your elf will use washi tape to create a tic-tac-toe board.
- Then, they will choose one colored gift bow and tape it to a spot on the board.
- When you find them, it’ll be your turn!
Breakfast…Scout Elf Style!
Breakfast just got a whole lot SWEETER with the help of your sugar-loving, inventive Scout Elf, who’s dreamed up a silly, sweet breakfast for you to enjoy.
- Your Scout Elf learned a thing or two from Mrs. Claus’ kitchen, so they whipped up a sugary, sweet breakfast by spreading icing on toast and then topping it with sprinkles. Voila!
Candy Cane Garden
Your Scout Elf has a green “Christmas” thumb. With a little watering and patience, they will grow full-size candy canes!
- Soft peppermint candies
- Mini and full-sized candy canes
- Small bucket or cup
- Crushed chocolate cookies
- Mini watering tin
- Your Scout Elf will tend to a candy cane garden. First, they will plant soft peppermint candies in crushed chocolate cookies (dirt) and water them with a mini watering tin.
- Soon, the soft peppermint candies will grow into mini candy canes before finally reaching full-sized candy canes!
Christmas Movie Night Tips
Lights, camera, action! Get ready for at-home movie night with your Scout Elf and Elf Pets. With this caddy filled with snacks, you’ll be ready to grab a blanket and tune in for showtime.
- Snack caddy or bento box
- Individual snack bags
- Movie snacks i.e. popcorn, candy, fruit, etc.
- Elf Pets® Reindeer
- Wrapping paper
- Christmas movies or animated specials i.e. this season’s new Elf Pets: Santa’s Reindeer Rescue
- First, your elf will fill a snack caddy or bento box with your favorite movie snacks.
- Then, they will wrap your favorite Christmas movies or animated specials and store them in a bin.
- Finally, they will hang out with the Elf Pets® Reindeer until you find them. Together, you all can sit down for a cozy movie night!
Cozy Christmas Cabin Playset
It’s Elf Pets playtime! Your Scout Elf will love watching you play with your furry friends thanks to this pet playset.
- Your Scout Elf will bring with them the Elf Pets Christmas Cabin Playset and leave it out.
- Then, you can use it to play with your furry friends!
Hot Cocoa Treat
Festive Friends & Fun Games
- Painter’s tape
- Red marker
- Green marker
- Small party hats
- Toys or stuffed animals
- Leave it up to your Scout Elf to create a game night everyone wants to be a part of! To get all their friends together, your elf created a tic-tac-toe board by crisscrossing four pieces of painter’s tape.
- To make the game more festive, your elf used red and green markers to mark marshmallows with X’s and O’s.
- Finally, your elf invited all their friends—including the Elf Pets® Saint Bernard and Elf Pets® Reindeer—to host a night of festive fun!
Sweet Snowy Scene
- Mini bottles
- Glue dots
- Powdered donut holes
- Orange writing icing
- Coconut shavings
- Sugary sweetness abounds in this snowy—and edible—scene created by your elf! To create this indoor winter oasis, your elf will start by laying a foundation of coconut shavings as “snow.”
- Next, your elf will create mini bottles of milk decorated to look like snowmen! To do that, your elf uses glue dots to attach buttons to the front of each bottle.
- After filling the bottles with milk, your elf will wrap a licorice scarf around the neck of the bottle.
- A marshmallow makes the perfect head for the snowman, and your elf will hold it in place with a festive straw.
- Your elf will use sprinkles, orange writing icing and licorice to create a smiley snowman face on the marshmallow.
- Finally, your elf will gather a big pile of powdered donut hole “snowballs” and wait for you to find their festive treats.
Reindeer Chocolate Milk
- Clear mugs
- Chocolate milk
- Paper straws
- Orange pom-poms
- Googly eyes
- Brown pipe cleaners
- Scout Elves at Play® tools: Cheery Chair
- Your Scout Elf will craft a cocoa treat that looks like the Elf Pets® Reindeer, the perfect touch for a morning meal or official North Pole Breakfast! To start, your elf will use brown pipe cleaners to create “antlers” by wrapping two smaller pieces of pipe cleaner (approximately 2 ½ inches long) around the top of one longer piece of pipe cleaner (approximately 5 inches long).
- Using tape, your Scout Elf will attach the “antlers,” as well as two googly eyes and an orange pom-pom “nose” to the clear mug.
- After filling each clear mug with hot cocoa, your elf will stick a straw in each and kneel on the Cheery Chair to take a sip!
Come Find Me!
- Stuffed animals
- Your Scout Elf has chosen a particularly good hiding spot today. Look closely. Can you pick out your red-and-white outfitted visitor from a pile of furry stuffed animals and toys?
- Brown sugar
- Elf-sized sign
- Scrapbook kit sunglasses
- Contrary to popular belief, elves love the sand almost as much as they love the snow! Your elf wants to recreate a sunny, beach-worthy backdrop—all you need to do is leave out brown sugar, a small sign and some shades and your elf will:
- Cover a small space in your home with brown sugar to mimic the warm sand.
- Write a little message on a scrapbooking sign (found at craft stores).
- Slip on the glasses (also found at craft stores) and soak up the sun!
- Pipe cleaners
- Just because Scout Elves have to bundle up for the chilly climate at the North Pole doesn’t mean they have to sacrifice style! With some festive-colored pom-poms and pipe cleaners, your Scout Elf will create a set of “ear-resistible” earmuffs by cutting off a piece of pipe cleaner that is about 5 inches long.
- Next, your elf will put a small dot of glue on each end of the pipe cleaner and attach a mini pom-pom onto each side.
- After applying pressure to ensure that the pom-poms adhere to the pipe cleaner, your elf will bend the pipe cleaner into a semi-circle and position the pom-poms over his or her ears to show off these toasty new arctic accessories!
Elf Marks the Spot
- Bookmarks printable
- Color printer
- Hole puncher
- Candy Cane Cable from Scout Elves at Play®
- When the Scout Elves decide to crack a book, they’ll have no problem finding where they left off thanks to their festive bookmark, featuring a picture of themselves! To create this scholarly surprise your Scout Elf will print and cut out the bookmarks.
- Then your Scout Elf will punch a hole in the top of each bookmark.
- To finish the bookmark, your elf will tie a piece of Candy Cane Cable through the hole of each bookmark and use them to mark the right page!
- White frosting
- Chocolate icing
- Small oval-shaped cookies
- Candy eyeballs (available at most craft stores)
- Brown candy-coated chocolates
- Pink chewing gum
- Frustum-shaped milk chocolates
- Yellow gumdrops
- Red ribbon
- Precision knife
- There’s only one thing better than cupcakes—pupcakes made to look like the Elf Pets® Saint Bernard! Your Scout Elf will start to craft these special treats by frosting the tops of the cupcakes with white frosting.
- Using chocolate icing, your Scout Elf will create two identical oval-shaped spots the cupcakes, leaving a white strip in between.
- Next, your Scout Elf will stick two oval-shaped cookies on each iced spot to make the pup’s “ears.”
- Your Scout Elf will place two of the candy eyeballs on the edge of the spots a little more than halfway up the cupcake.
- Just below the eyes, your Scout Elf will place a brown candy-coated chocolate as a “nose.”
- Your Scout Elf will use the chocolate icing to draw a mouth that connects to the nose and curves out on both sides.
- At the spot where the “mouth” curves outward, your Scout Elf will place a bubblegum “tongue” made by flattening sticks of pink bubble gum and using as precision knife to cut small oval-shaped tongues that have one flat side.
- To create the Saint Bernard pup’s barrel, your Scout Elf will use chocolate icing to connect the two larger sides of two frustum-shaped milk chocolates (bucket-shaped chocolate treats with caramel in the center).
- To create the barrel’s heart charm, your Scout Elf will flatten a yellow gumdrop and cut small heart shapes using the precision knife.
- After connecting the heart charm to the barrel using chocolate icing, your Scout Elf will attach the entire barrel to the cupcake using toothpicks.
- Your Scout Elf will tie a red ribbon around the base of the cupcake as the Saint Bernard’s collar, and place the cupcakes out for you to “woof” down!
- Painter’s tape
- Orange foam
- Elf Pets® Reindeer
- Just for their polar pal the Elf Pets® Reindeer, your Scout Elf devised a fun snack time challenge! To send their furry friend on a hunt to find their snack, your elf will create a merry maze on the floor using painter’s tape.
- Next, your elf will gather a special treat for your reindeer: orange foam cut to look like carrots!
- Finally, your elf will sit at the end of the maze and wait for their furry friend to gallop to them to claim their reward!
Puppy Print Cookies
- Sugar cookies
- Chocolate icing
- Scout Elves at Play® tools: Scout Elf Message Cards
- With the help of the Elf Pets® Saint Bernard, your Scout Elf came up with a “paw-fect” idea for pup-themed cookies! After bringing back some cookies from the North Pole, your Scout Elf will use chocolate icing to draw paw prints on each cookie.
- Your elf will perch right on the plate with a Scout Elf Message Card asking you to try his or her creations!
Give a Dog a Bone
- Elf Pets® Saint Bernard
- Jar of dog treats
- Scout Elves at Play® Tools: Peppermint Grappling Hook and Candy Cane Cable
- To help the Elf Pets® Saint Bernard snag a dog treat, your Scout Elf will tie a piece of Candy Cane Cable onto the Peppermint Grappling Hook.
- Before dangling over a shelf, your elf will tie some of the Candy Cane Cable around his or her waist and, for extra support, connect it to a wall or heavy nearby object.
- Your elf will sit on a shelf and dangle the Peppermint Grappling Hook below to grab a treat for the Elf Pets Saint Bernard!