Wheeeee! Your Scout Elf will dash through the snow with their elf-sized inflatable sled.
It’s back to the basics for this elf idea! Your Scout Elf will find a holiday location to land when they return from the North Pole!
- Spot in your home decorated for Christmas i.e. mantel, bookcase, nightstand, etc.
- After their nightly flight to the North Pole, your elf will return to your home and land among the Christmas décor…would you expect anything different from a visitor who’s crazy about Christmas?
Christmas Pancake Party
It’s a festive flapjack party when your Scout Elf returns home for the holidays! They’ll make a grand entrance by whipping up delicious pancakes for you all to enjoy together.
- Pancakes prepared according to favorite recipe
- Array of fruit, candy and other toppings depending on the pancake
- Mini marshmallows
- Mini and regular chocolate chips
- Brown decorating icing
- Blue decorating icing
- Powdered sugar
- Dried cherries
- Dried mangos
- Blue coated candies
- Yellow chocolate coated candy
- Your Scout Elf will get busy in the kitchen whipping up a batch up pancakes.
- Then, they will use an array of fruit, candy and other toppings to create pancakes that resemble themself or their furry friends!
You’ve Got Mail!
Special delivery! Your elf brought these little letters just for you. Open the tiny envelopes to reveal the special notes.
- Color printer
- Card stock/paper
- First, your elf will print and cut out the printable.
- They will fold the envelopes and leave the elf letters out for you to read.
I’m Stuck in the TV!
Psst…it’s me! I’ve found myself inside the screen. Can you help?
- YouTube video
- Smart TV, computer monitor, laptop or another device
- While experimenting with technology, your Scout Elf clicked on a YouTube link that got them stuck inside the screen!
Christmas Around the Clock
What time is it? Elf time! Your Scout Elf will transform a regular clock into a festive timepiece that replaces each hour with a fun activity. Time flies when you’re having fun…especially with your Scout Elf!
- Color printer
- Card stock/paper
- Wall clock
- Your elf will print and cut out the printable, featuring different “times” or activities.
- Then, they will tape the cutouts to a wall clock and wait for you to find them and discover the activities!
How to Floss
Your Scout Elf heard about a dance called the “floss,” so they decided to try it out. No toothbrush or toothpaste required!
- Dental floss
- Your Scout Elf will find themselves twisted and tangled in dental floss.
- They’ll leave you a note asking, “Is this how you do the ‘FLOSS’?”
Holiday Hair Salon
Your Scout Elf is ready to get all dolled up! They’ll easily set up a holiday hair salon in your home, so they can try out the North Poles’ latest hairstyle.
- Insta-Moment Pop-Ups™ Scout Elf Salon
- Your Scout Elf will set up the Scout Elf Salon pop-up scene.
- Then, they will hop in the salon chair and get ready to spin around to see their new hairdo!
Runway to Christmas
- String lights
- Ground stakes
- Scout Elves love to make an entrance! Leave out a string of lights and ground stakes, and your elf will set up a brightly lit runway reminiscent of all the twinkling lights at the North Pole. Your Scout Elf will probably use ground stakes to outline a pathway, setting them about two feet apart.
- Then, your elf will take strands of lights and run them along the length of the pathway, securing them in place by attaching them to the ground stakes.
- Now, clear the runway, your elf is coming in for a landing!
Craving Hot Cocoa
To help you satisfy your sweet tooth, your Scout Elf brought back a new North Pole recipe for a big batch of hot cocoa! After assembling the chocolate-y treat, your elf will leave a note asking your family to grab a mug and top your cup of piping hot cocoa with a variety of fun ingredients, like sprinkles, whipped cream, chocolate chips and more. And of course, don’t forget the marshmallows!
- Mini marshmallows
- That long return flight from the North Pole sure made your Scout Elf tired! For their first order of business in your home, your elf will gather mini marshmallows to set up a place to regain energy.
- Next, your elf will place the marshmallows in a bowl to create the perfect spot to relax.
- Finally, your elf will climb inside and write a note to let you know that they’re “marsh-mellowing” out!
Fast Track to Fun
- Scout Elves at Play® Paper Crafts: Scout Elf Sleigh, Snowy Signpost, Tinseltown Train
- Painter’s tape
- Now that the season has arrived, your Scout Elf couldn’t wait to race into your home by creating their very own Scout Elf speedway! To create the perfect ride for their adventure, your elf will start by popping out the Scout Elf Sleigh, Snowy Signpost and Tinseltown Train crafts from the book Scout Elves at Play® Paper Crafts.
- Your elf will follow the instructions in the book to finish these crafts.
- Once complete, your elf will line their speedway with peppermints and washi or painter’s tape, and set up the Scout Elf Signpost near the finish line.
- Then your elf will climb aboard their favorite vehicle and get on the fast track to Christmas fun!
Prepare for Landing
- Paper plane printable
- Christmas tree
- To stage an awesome airplane entrance, your Scout Elf will start by creating an aircraft using the instructions on the paper plane printable.
- After crafting their plane, your elf will sail straight into the Christmas tree and wait to be found!
Scout Elf Tip of the Day
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup honey
- 8 oz. apple sauce
- 1 ½ bananas, mashed
- 8 oz. light cream cheese
- 2 tbsp. peanut butter
- 1 tbsp. honey
- Large bowl
- Muffin tin
- Cupcake liners
- Elf Pets® Saint Bernard
- The more, the merrier—especially when it comes to sharing sweets! Your elf decided to help you and your favorite pups indulge in a yummy treat by mixing the first 8 ingredients for “pupcakes,” which any man, elf or Elf Pets® Saint Bernard can enjoy!
- Then, your elf will place cupcake papers in a muffin tin and preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Your elf will start the recipe by mixing the first 8 ingredients for the pupcakes together in a bowl.
- After the ingredients are thoroughly combined, your elf will put the batter into the cupcake liners, leaving a ½ inch of space at the top (Helpful hint: the batter will not rise much).
- After baking about 12 minutes (or until a toothpick inserted into the pupcake comes out clean), your elf will let them cool.
- As they do, your elf will create the frosting by beating the softened cream cheese until fluffy, and then mixing in the peanut butter and honey.
- After icing each pupcake, your elf will invite everyone to dig in!
- Note: In general, all ingredients are pet friendly; however, Scout Elves should use their best judgment when creating this recipe to ensure their family’s pet is able to safely consume all ingredients.
Christmas Code Cracker
- Color printer
- Message decoder printable
- Dry-erase marker
- Your Scout Elf wants to know if you’re able to crack a super-secret code to find out the message that they’ve left you! To uncover the hidden words, your elf will print and cut out the elf decoder and symbols.
- Next, your elf will create a funny message, joke or question on the mirror in elf code by cutting out and assembling the symbols so they spell out the correct words! (Helpful hint: your elf may write a question on the mirror with dry-erase marker and provide a coded answer instead! Example messages are provided on page three of the printable.)
- Once your elf is done, they’ll stand by their work to wait until you’ve cracked the code!
Crafty Christmas “Lights”
- Small balloons
- Green plastic or paper cups
- Ribbon or string
- Tape or glue dots
- To light up your home, your Scout Elf will create a set of colorful faux string lights! To start, your elf will blow up small balloons in a variety of colors.
- Next, your elf will use tape to attach green cups to the end of each balloon as shown.
- Using more tape, your Scout Elf will attach the bottom of each cup to a piece of string or ribbon.
- Once they think the string of "lights" is long enough, your elf will attach it to the mantel using tape, and wait for you to be enlightened by their creation!
Marshmallow Mantel Topper
- 2 fishbowls (same size)
- Marshmallows (varying sizes)
- Orange felt
- Glue dots
- Googly eyes
- Ever since returning to the North Pole, your Scout Elf has been thinking of clever ways to turn everyday items into pieces of delightful décor once they return to your home. Now that they’re back, your elf will show you how they can create a smiley snowman by packing two fishbowls with marshmallows of varying sizes.
- Next, your elf will attach three buttons in a vertical line on one of the fishbowls by using glue dots.
- On the other fishbowl, your elf will attach an orange felt triangle as a nose, buttons as a mouth and two large googly eyes to create a face for their frosty friend.
- After stacking the bowls on top of each other, your elf will complete the snowman’s look with a festive scarf!