It’s time to shred the slopes! Packed with the necessary equipment and accessories, this play set will leave your elf ready for a day full of fun in the snow.
Scout Elf Tip of the Day
Strawberry Santa Hats
- Mini brownies
- White icing or whipped cream
- Scout Elves at Play® tools: Peppermint Grappling Hook, Candy Cane Cable and Holiday Harness
- The Scout Elves are Santa’s biggest fans, and your Scout Elf has created a tasty treat to pay homage to the big man in red! After cutting off the tops of the strawberries, your Scout Elf will be ready to assemble these sweet “Santa hats.”
- Your Scout Elf will use icing or whipped cream to attach the strawberry to the top of a mini brownie.
- For a finishing touch, your Scout Elf will squeeze a dollop of icing or whipped cream to the top of the strawberry.
- Holding steady with the Holiday Harness, your elf will dangle the Peppermint Grappling Hook by some Candy Cane Cable to reach for this sweet treat! (Helpful hint: the Holiday Harness works best on smooth surfaces, like mirrors or tile!)
Reindeer Chocolate Milk
- Clear mugs
- Chocolate milk
- Paper straws
- Orange pom-poms
- Googly eyes
- Brown pipe cleaners
- Scout Elves at Play® tools: Cheery Chair
- Your Scout Elf will craft a cocoa treat that looks like the Elf Pets® Reindeer, the perfect touch for a morning meal or official North Pole Breakfast! To start, your elf will use brown pipe cleaners to create “antlers” by wrapping two smaller pieces of pipe cleaner (approximately 2 ½ inches long) around the top of one longer piece of pipe cleaner (approximately 5 inches long).
- Using tape, your Scout Elf will attach the “antlers,” as well as two googly eyes and an orange pom-pom “nose” to the clear mug.
- After filling each clear mug with hot cocoa, your elf will stick a straw in each and kneel on the Cheery Chair to take a sip!
Donut You Want One
- Blue icing
- White icing
- Scout Elves at Play® Paper Crafts: Marvelous Message Cards, Dwindling Donuts
- Your Scout Elf created a batch of delightful donuts for you to enjoy! To make their brightly colored confections, your elf will start by bringing several of Mrs. Claus’ donuts back from the North Pole.
- Next, your elf will frost each donut using blue icing.
- To top off the donuts, your elf will drizzle white icing on top.
- Finally, your elf will follow the instructions in the book Scout Elves at Play® Paper Crafts to create their own mini box of donuts and a sign that will let you know these frosty blues are just for you!
Scout Elf Tip of the Day
That’s a Wrap!
It’s what’s on the inside that counts, but your Scout Elf knows that Christmas presents are even prettier when they come in festive paper! To put the finishing touches on their thoughtful gifts for friends and loved ones, your Scout Elf decided to host their very own gift wrapping party with the Good Tidings Gift Boxes and Convertible Christmas Tree from the book Scout Elves at Play® Paper Crafts.
In addition to perfecting his or her present presentation, your elf will leave out a note asking your family to get your gift wrapping done, too, by having a present wrapping party complete with snacks, pretty paper and decorative garnishes. That’s a wrap!
Good Deed of the Day
- Scout Elves at Play® Paper Crafts: The Gift of Giving Box, Marvelous Message Cards
- ‘Tis the season to spread joy, and your elf has the perfect idea to inspire you to action! To start, your elf will pop out the Gift of Giving Box and Marvelous Message Cards from the Scout Elves at Play® Paper Crafts book.
- Next, your elf will assemble the items by following the instructions in the book.
- To fill the box, your elf will jot down ideas for kind deeds on pieces of paper, such as “visit a neighbor”; “bake a sweet treat for a friend” or “walk the family dog” just to name a few.
- Then your elf will wait for you to draw a kind deed card!
Mission Almost Impossible
- Jar of candy
- Packing tape
- Scout Elves at Play® Tools: Holiday Hook and Candy Cane Cable
- To make a play for the candy jar, your Scout Elf will attach a piece of Candy Cane Cable to the end of the Holiday Hook.
- Using packing tape, your Scout Elf will attach the end of the Candy Cane Cable to the ceiling, the top of a cabinet, or other high place to dangle from.
- Your Scout Elf will balance on the Holiday Hook and get ready to grab some satisfying sweets!
- Mini marshmallows
- Scout Elves at Play® Paper Crafts: Convertible Christmas Tree, Marvelous Message Cards
- One Mississippi, two Mississippi, three Mississippi—your Scout Elf is hiding and they want you to find them! To create the perfect place to hide, your elf will start by piling up a mound of mini marshmallows.
- Next, your elf will pop out the Convertible Christmas Tree and Marvelous Message Cards and follow the instructions for the crafts in the book Scout Elves at Play® Paper Crafts.
- Finally, your elf will hide behind the mound of marshmallows and wait for you to find them!
Puppy Print Cookies
- Sugar cookies
- Chocolate icing
- Scout Elves at Play® tools: Scout Elf Message Cards
- With the help of the Elf Pets® Saint Bernard, your Scout Elf came up with a “paw-fect” idea for pup-themed cookies! After bringing back some cookies from the North Pole, your Scout Elf will use chocolate icing to draw paw prints on each cookie.
- Your elf will perch right on the plate with a Scout Elf Message Card asking you to try his or her creations!
Give a Dog a Bone
- Elf Pets® Saint Bernard
- Jar of dog treats
- Scout Elves at Play® Tools: Peppermint Grappling Hook and Candy Cane Cable
- To help the Elf Pets® Saint Bernard snag a dog treat, your Scout Elf will tie a piece of Candy Cane Cable onto the Peppermint Grappling Hook.
- Before dangling over a shelf, your elf will tie some of the Candy Cane Cable around his or her waist and, for extra support, connect it to a wall or heavy nearby object.
- Your elf will sit on a shelf and dangle the Peppermint Grappling Hook below to grab a treat for the Elf Pets Saint Bernard!
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup honey
- 8 oz. apple sauce
- 1 ½ bananas, mashed
- 8 oz. light cream cheese
- 2 tbsp. peanut butter
- 1 tbsp. honey
- Large bowl
- Muffin tin
- Cupcake liners
- Elf Pets® Saint Bernard
- The more, the merrier—especially when it comes to sharing sweets! Your elf decided to help you and your favorite pups indulge in a yummy treat by mixing the first 8 ingredients for “pupcakes,” which any man, elf or Elf Pets® Saint Bernard can enjoy!
- Then, your elf will place cupcake papers in a muffin tin and preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Your elf will start the recipe by mixing the first 8 ingredients for the pupcakes together in a bowl.
- After the ingredients are thoroughly combined, your elf will put the batter into the cupcake liners, leaving a ½ inch of space at the top (Helpful hint: the batter will not rise much).
- After baking about 12 minutes (or until a toothpick inserted into the pupcake comes out clean), your elf will let them cool.
- As they do, your elf will create the frosting by beating the softened cream cheese until fluffy, and then mixing in the peanut butter and honey.
- After icing each pupcake, your elf will invite everyone to dig in!
- Note: In general, all ingredients are pet friendly; however, Scout Elves should use their best judgment when creating this recipe to ensure their family’s pet is able to safely consume all ingredients.
- Color printer
- Medicine Cup
- Small orange balloon
- Hole puncher
- Scout Elves at Play® Tools: Glacier Grips and Holiday Harness
- Scout Elves are natural high flyers, so it’s no wonder that dunking a basketball is a cinch! To demonstrate his or her skills on the court, your Scout Elf will print out the basketball backboard and cut it out along the solid lines.
- Next your Scout Elf will punch a hole in the top of the backboard in order to hang it from the Glacier Grip.
- Your elf will use tape to attach a medicine cup to the backboard as a hoop.
- To create a basketball, your elf will blow up a small orange balloon just large enough to fit into his or her hand.
- Finally, your elf will use the Holiday Harness and the other Glacier Grip to get in the perfect position to dunk! (Helpful hint: the Holiday Harness and Glacier Grips work best on smooth surfaces, like mirrors or tile!)