Buzz! Buzz! Your Scout Elf gathered kazoos and friends to form a harmonious band.
Scout Elf Kazoo Band
- Your elf will practice their favorite tunes on their kazoo. Then, you can try your hand with the musical instrument. Will you be able to carry a tune in a bucket?
Knock, Knock! Who’s There?
Both you and your Scout Elf will be laughing all the way to Christmas with the jokes featured in this bitty book! This book will make it hard not to LOL!
- Color printer
- Card stock/paper
- First, your Scout Elf will print and cut out the printable.
- They will fold the joke book according to the printable instructions and sit down to read some jokes, trying not to laugh out loud!
It’s back to the basics for this elf idea! Your Scout Elf will find a holiday location to land when they return from the North Pole!
- Spot in your home decorated for Christmas i.e. mantel, bookcase, nightstand, etc.
- After their nightly flight to the North Pole, your elf will return to your home and land among the Christmas décor…would you expect anything different from a visitor who’s crazy about Christmas?
Playing with Peppermints
- 10 Paper straws
- 24 Peppermints
- Hot glue gun
- Candy Cane Cable from Scout Elves at Play®
- To make a sweet set of uneven parallel bars, your Scout Elf will start by taking four paper straws and hot glue one peppermint to one side of each.
- Next, your Scout Elf will hot glue five peppermints together stacked on top of one another and repeat until he or she has created four stacks.
- After the peppermints have dried, your Scout Elf will glue one paper straw to each stack of peppermints.
- Using Candy Cane Cable, your Scout Elf will tie two of the straws together that have single peppermints at the bottom, making sure they cross slightly at the top. Your Scout Elf will repeat this step with the other two straws that have single peppermints attached to them.
- Your Scout Elf will repeat step four with the four straws that have the stacks of peppermints attached to them.
- Once the bars are balanced, your Scout Elf will lay one straw across each of the bases of the bars to create a place to swing from.
Good Deed of the Day
- Scout Elves at Play® Paper Crafts: The Gift of Giving Box, Marvelous Message Cards
- ‘Tis the season to spread joy, and your elf has the perfect idea to inspire you to action! To start, your elf will pop out the Gift of Giving Box and Marvelous Message Cards from the Scout Elves at Play® Paper Crafts book.
- Next, your elf will assemble the items by following the instructions in the book.
- To fill the box, your elf will jot down ideas for kind deeds on pieces of paper, such as “visit a neighbor”; “bake a sweet treat for a friend” or “walk the family dog” just to name a few.
- Then your elf will wait for you to draw a kind deed card!
- Mini marshmallows
- Scout Elves at Play® Paper Crafts: Convertible Christmas Tree, Marvelous Message Cards
- One Mississippi, two Mississippi, three Mississippi—your Scout Elf is hiding and they want you to find them! To create the perfect place to hide, your elf will start by piling up a mound of mini marshmallows.
- Next, your elf will pop out the Convertible Christmas Tree and Marvelous Message Cards and follow the instructions for the crafts in the book Scout Elves at Play® Paper Crafts.
- Finally, your elf will hide behind the mound of marshmallows and wait for you to find them!
Crafty Christmas Angel
- Wooden ball with a flat bottom
- Mini snowflake decorations
- Glue dots
- With a little crafting skill, your elf created a beautiful book angel that can brighten any book shelf all season long! To create the angel, your elf started by turning the book upside down and folding in the book’s very first page so that the top corner is touching the crease of the book.
- Your elf repeated this with the first fourth of the book’s pages.
- Keeping the book upside down, your elf will mimic the same action with the very last page of the book, continuing through the last fourth of the book’s pages.
- Next, your elf will turn the book right-side up and complete the exact same fold with the book’s remaining pages.
- To make the book look like an angel, your elf will fan out the middle pages of the book.
- For the angel’s head, your elf will use a glue dot to attach a wooden ball with a flat bottom to the book’s binding.
- As decoration, your elf will tie a ribbon just below the ball and attach mini snowflake decorations across the pages.
Give a Dog a Bone
- Elf Pets® Saint Bernard
- Jar of dog treats
- Scout Elves at Play® Tools: Peppermint Grappling Hook and Candy Cane Cable
- To help the Elf Pets® Saint Bernard snag a dog treat, your Scout Elf will tie a piece of Candy Cane Cable onto the Peppermint Grappling Hook.
- Before dangling over a shelf, your elf will tie some of the Candy Cane Cable around his or her waist and, for extra support, connect it to a wall or heavy nearby object.
- Your elf will sit on a shelf and dangle the Peppermint Grappling Hook below to grab a treat for the Elf Pets Saint Bernard!
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup honey
- 8 oz. apple sauce
- 1 ½ bananas, mashed
- 8 oz. light cream cheese
- 2 tbsp. peanut butter
- 1 tbsp. honey
- Large bowl
- Muffin tin
- Cupcake liners
- Elf Pets® Saint Bernard
- The more, the merrier—especially when it comes to sharing sweets! Your elf decided to help you and your favorite pups indulge in a yummy treat by mixing the first 8 ingredients for “pupcakes,” which any man, elf or Elf Pets® Saint Bernard can enjoy!
- Then, your elf will place cupcake papers in a muffin tin and preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Your elf will start the recipe by mixing the first 8 ingredients for the pupcakes together in a bowl.
- After the ingredients are thoroughly combined, your elf will put the batter into the cupcake liners, leaving a ½ inch of space at the top (Helpful hint: the batter will not rise much).
- After baking about 12 minutes (or until a toothpick inserted into the pupcake comes out clean), your elf will let them cool.
- As they do, your elf will create the frosting by beating the softened cream cheese until fluffy, and then mixing in the peanut butter and honey.
- After icing each pupcake, your elf will invite everyone to dig in!
- Note: In general, all ingredients are pet friendly; however, Scout Elves should use their best judgment when creating this recipe to ensure their family’s pet is able to safely consume all ingredients.
- Color printer
- Scout Elf Express printable
- Card stock
- Scout Elf Express Delivers Letters to Santa® kit
- To prove that they’re able to deliver your letters to Santa at warp speed, your Scout Elf will create a printable wheel showing you just how quick they can be! First, your elf will print and cut out the Scout Elf Express Wheel.
- Using a brad, your elf will attach the arrow to the middle of the wheel, making sure it is loose enough to be turned.
- On a piece of paper, your elf will leave a note asking you to write your own letter to Santa using the Scout Elf Express Delivers Letters to Santa® kit and leave it out for them to deliver to Santa.
- Finally, your elf will wait to see where you place the arrow on the Scout Elf Express wheel so they know how quickly you’d like for them to fly your letter to Santa!
Crafty Christmas “Lights”
- Small balloons
- Green plastic or paper cups
- Ribbon or string
- Tape or glue dots
- To light up your home, your Scout Elf will create a set of colorful faux string lights! To start, your elf will blow up small balloons in a variety of colors.
- Next, your elf will use tape to attach green cups to the end of each balloon as shown.
- Using more tape, your Scout Elf will attach the bottom of each cup to a piece of string or ribbon.
- Once they think the string of "lights" is long enough, your elf will attach it to the mantel using tape, and wait for you to be enlightened by their creation!
Marshmallow Mantel Topper
- 2 fishbowls (same size)
- Marshmallows (varying sizes)
- Orange felt
- Glue dots
- Googly eyes
- Ever since returning to the North Pole, your Scout Elf has been thinking of clever ways to turn everyday items into pieces of delightful décor once they return to your home. Now that they’re back, your elf will show you how they can create a smiley snowman by packing two fishbowls with marshmallows of varying sizes.
- Next, your elf will attach three buttons in a vertical line on one of the fishbowls by using glue dots.
- On the other fishbowl, your elf will attach an orange felt triangle as a nose, buttons as a mouth and two large googly eyes to create a face for their frosty friend.
- After stacking the bowls on top of each other, your elf will complete the snowman’s look with a festive scarf!