Looking for a “cerealously” delicious treat? Look no further than these sweet and tasty cereal pops that put a fun twist on a classic freezer pop. All you need is vanilla ice cream or pre-made bars, melted chocolate and your favorite cereal to make this yummy snack that is refreshing year round and a Scout Elf favorite when they’re looking for something to satisfy their sweet tooth!
- 4 pints of vanilla ice cream
- Pop molds or small plastic or paper cups
- Wooden craft sticks (only if using plastic cups or if required for your pop molds)
- Plastic wrap (only if using plastic cups)
- Vanilla ice cream bars (only if not making your own)
- 16 ounces chocolate chips (can be white or dark chocolate)
- Food coloring (optional)
- Shallow bowl or plate
- Baking sheet
- Wax paper
If you are creating your own pops, follow steps 1-4. If not, skip to step 5.
- Let 4 pints of vanilla ice cream soften in the fridge for approximately 45 minutes.
- Remove from the fridge and fill the pop molds with the softened ice cream. If your molds did not come with plastic sticks or holders, use the wooden sticks according to the directions on the mold. If you’re using disposable cups instead, pour the ice cream into the cups and cover each with plastic wrap. Cut a small hole in the middle of the wrap to place the wooden stick through (the plastic will help to hold the stick in place as the pops freeze).
- Place the pops in the freezer for 3-4 hours, or until completely frozen.
- Remove them from the freezer and from their molds.
- If using store-bought vanilla ice pops, remove them from packaging.
- Working quickly, melt 16 ounces of white or dark chocolate chips in a bowl according to package instructions. Use food coloring with the white chocolate for a different look!
- Place any cereal (crushed or whole) in a shallow bowl.
- Dip each pop in chocolate (at an angle to cover half of the pop) for at least 5 seconds.
- Immediately sprinkle cereal onto the chocolate before it hardens.
- Place the pop on a baking sheet lined with wax paper. Repeat steps 8 and 9 until you have created as many as you’d like.
- Enjoy your yummy cereal pops and place any leftovers in the freezer to eat later!
Find more delicious snack recipes in Mrs. Claus’ Sweet Treats.
This recipe may contain ingredients that can cause allergic reactions in certain individuals. Before using our recipes, always check the ingredient list and food labels of all ingredients and be sure to seek advice from a qualified physician if needed.