Your family’s Scout Elf is getting ready to strike up the band with his or her own mini drum kit! With the easy printable craft below, your elf can transform regular soup and tuna cans into a teeny tin drum set decked out in festive colors. Get ready for your elf’s rockin’ show!
- Color printer
- Card stock
- Jingle Jams printable craft
- Aluminum cans (varying sizes)
- Tape or glue
Your Scout Elf will drum up support for his or her musical endeavors by putting on a jolly good performance for your whole family! Your elf can play as part of an elf band, or put on a one man show by creating the instruments below.
- First, your elf will cut out the graphics from the Jingle Jams printable and tape or glue them to varying sized cans to create a festive set of drums. Helpful hint for elves: The red-and-white striped strip of paper fits on tuna-sized cans, while the peppermint printed strips fit on regular-sized soup cans.
- Next, your elf will find the perfect drumsticks from around your home. Helpful hint for elves: Pieces of a red-and-white striped paper straw with mini pom-poms attached to one end work great!
- Finally, your elf will be ready to rock!
Check out more quick and simple elf ideas!
Before you or your elf get to work recreating this inspirational idea, be sure to read these safety warnings. Santa wants to make sure everyone stays safe!