Try this delicious North Pole twist on movie-night popcorn! It’s easy to make, so let little ones offer a helping hand! A Scout Elf favorite, this sweet snack is perfect for your next family movie night!
- 2 bags of microwave popcorn
- Two 8 oz. bars of white chocolate
- ½ cup of ground peppermint candies (can crush by hand or use a food processor)
- Large bowl
- Small, microwave-safe bowl
- Rubber spatula
- Cookie sheet
- Pop the popcorn and place in the large bowl
- With an adult’s help, chop the white chocolate into small pieces
- Place the white chocolate in the small bowl and slowly melt it in the microwave according to package instructions; stir the melted chocolate until smooth
- Pour the melted chocolate over the popcorn and stir with a spatula until the popcorn is thoroughly coated
- Sprinkle the ground peppermint candies over the top of the popcorn and stir again until the popcorn is thoroughly coated with the peppermint
- Spread the finished popcorn out onto a cookie sheet; place in the fridge for 10-15 minutes to set the chocolate
- Remove from the fridge, break into pieces and enjoy!
Find more fun family-favorite recipes in Mrs. Claus’ Sweet Treats!
This recipe may contain ingredients that can cause allergic reactions in certain individuals. Before using our recipes, always check the ingredient list and food labels of all ingredients and be sure to seek advice from a qualified physician if needed.