Inspirational Photo Ideas – caution/warnings
Effective Date: 05.2022
Last updated: 05.2022
General Applicable Warnings:
These warnings should apply to all Scout Elf® Ideas (SEI)
- Children should always be under adult supervision when interacting or assisting with any part of SEI activity.
- When using any crafting supplies or products, always read and follow manufacturer’s instructions and warnings.
- SEIs may contain food products which can cause allergic reactions in certain individuals. Before using any food products in a SEI, always check the ingredient list and food labels of all ingredients and be sure to seek advice from a qualified physician if needed.
Idea Specific Warnings:
All or some of these warnings may apply to specific SEI as needed.
- Small Objects / Choking Hazard: Ideas/Projects that use small objects may pose a choking hazard.
- Sharp Objects: Ideas/Projects that use sharp objects may cause different degrees of injuries.
- Electrical Sources/Other Fire Hazard: Do not place elf or any flammable materials on or near flames, electrical or light sources.
- String/Wire: Ideas/Projects that use string, wire, ribbon, or similar materials, may pose a strangulation hazard. Adult supervision is essential whenever children use string-like materials. Children 3 years and younger should not manipulate any string-like material that is longer than 12 inches.
- Food-Related: Ideas/Projects that use food products in conjunction with inedible materials, may entice children to put inedible materials in their mouths that may affect children’s health.
- Wood Products: Ideas/Projects that use wood products may cause splinters or other related injuries.
- Recycled Household Items: Ideas/Projects that use recycled household items. Recycled household items or clothing should be clean and safe. Do not use recycled household items that contained bleach or other hazardous chemicals. Do not use any recycled household items that have sharp edges.
- Glassware: Ideas/Projects that use items that are breakable or could shatter may cause injuries.
- Windows: Ideas/Projects that use a window, may present a fall or broken glass hazard. Before you begin setting up this SEI, make sure window is securely closed and locked. Children should always be under adult supervision when interacting with this SEI or if child assists with any part of the crafting process.
- Scissors/Shears: Ideas/Projects that use scissors and/or shears, may pose a slashing hazard. The cutting edges of scissors are sharp, and care should be taken whenever cutting or handling. All scissors and/or shears should always be used with adult assistance.
- Bags/plastics: Ideas/Projects that use bags or similar plastics may pose a risk of suffocation to children; those items may cling to the nose and mouth, preventing breathing.
© CCA and B, LLC d/b/a The Lumistella Company. All Rights Reserved.