This Halloween, the Scout Elves are creating holiday hocus pocus in the kitchen to bring you a recipe for some spooky sweets! Perfect for setting the scene at your fright night festivities, these monster cookies will put your family’s imaginations to the test as you decorate cookies to look like adorable make-believe creatures, including ghosts, goblins, ghouls and even the Abominable Snowman!
- Pre-made sugar cookies
- Food coloring
- Candy eyes
- Mini marshmallows
- Writing icing
- Knife or large craft stick (to ice cookies)
- SEPARATE the icing into bowls, and use food dye to create several colors to use on the monster cookies.
- To create unique monsters, USE your imagination! Decorate with one, two or three candy eyes, and use licorice, candies and marshmallows to add embellishments to each cookie.
- To create Abominable Snowmen cookies, FROST the cookies with blue icing, and use white sugar sprinkles to create a ring on the outer edge of the cookies as the Abominable Snowman’s “fur.”
- CREATE the Abominable Snowman’s face using candy eyes and black writing icing.
- DISPLAY all your unique cookies together to create a ghoulish display perfect for any All Hallow’s Eve event!
Looking for more fall fun? Create your own decorative fall garlands!
This recipe may contain ingredients that can cause allergic reactions in certain individuals. Before using our recipes, always check the ingredient list and food labels of all ingredients and be sure to seek advice from a qualified physician if needed.