Scout Elf Landing Net
Thanks to this landing net, your elf will land safely on their arrival. Officially approved by the Scout Elf Training Team, it’s guaranteed to be a fun project your family can build in a few simple steps. What’s more, your elf can use the net throughout the season to perform daring stunts with the greatest of ease.
- Wooden craft sticks (8)
- Low-tack decorative tape from Scout Elves at Play® Stick Quick or other decorative sticky tape
- Hot glue gun
- Glue together two wooden craft sticks, end to end, to create one longer stick. Repeat this step with the remaining sticks to create four longer sticks that are all the same length.
- Using low-tack decorative tape from Scout Elves at Play® Stick Quick, tear off four pieces to cover the four longer craft sticks.
- Make a sturdy base for the landing net by gluing the ends of the four longer sticks together, allowing at least 30 minutes to dry.
- Now it’s time to make the net! Working on the underside of the frame, attach a strip of tape from the upper left corner to the lower right corner and another strip from the lower left corner to the upper right corner to form an X. Starting at the lower left-hand corner and ending at the upper right-hand corner, attach six rows of decorative tape on the diagonal. Starting at the upper left-hand corner and ending at the lower right-hand corner, attach six rows of decorative tape on the diagonal.
- Your elf will choose the perfect spot for the Scout Elf landing net—on the Christmas tree!